"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
-Homer J. Simpson

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Acadamy Award winner Al Gore announces his run for president

Not really,

But it has a great ring to it, doesn't it? :-)

Actually, it was a good gag:


Former Vice President Al Gore -- the central figure in the global-warming film "An Inconvenient Truth," a documentary nominee -- appeared with DiCaprio to praise organizers for implementing environmentally friendly practices in the show's production.

DiCaprio set up a gag with Gore, asking the 2000 presidential candidate if there was anything he wanted to announce.

"I guess with a billion people watching, it's as good a time as any. So my fellow Americans, I'm going to take this opportunity here and now to formally announce my intentions ...," Gore said, his voice trailing away as the orchestra cut him off.


3 comments:

Brian Smith said...

Right, so now Dave Mowat, CEO of Vancity, wants to help with the climate change issue - Not a gag by the way. What's he going to do about it? Spreading the word is the start, yet he heads the largest credit union in the country that has financial assets in excess of $11.8 billion and social capital assets that far out way that. I'm thinking that he and Vancity could do a great deal more toward this important global issue not to mention a few critical issues closer to home - e.g. affordable housing, etc. So, I am running for the Board of Directors in the year's election to get some of my ideas heard. What is more, i have created http://videosonvancity.ning.com to open the lines of communication between Vancity members and Vancity staff and Directors. Please go over there, sign-up and upload some videos that represent your thoughts on the direction that Vancity should be heading.

Cheers,
Brian Smith

Giant Political Mouse said...

That's dangerously close to blog spam there, Mr. Smith. Nothing to do with Gore, or the movie. It IS related to climate change so I will let it go.

Chris said...

It is blog spam. I've seen the same comment on a few Vancouver area blogs.

I think Al Gore is a super star. When he ran for President I was convinced he was a boring political hack. It's amazing how the media can decide to portray someone. I hope he doesn't run for president though. I think he'll be more successful moving his message from the outside, and it would be a huge blow if he lost.